1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

A bunch of short stories that I found while digging in my old files

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussions' started by Rebecca, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca Veteran Member

Hello! 'smee again. While doing my staying up experiment I had a browse through my old files to see if I could find anything entertaining and came across this one folder full of a bunch of short stories I must've written at some point in the past, one of which I have recently posted on its own.
    Seeing as how people liked that one I thought that there would be no harm in dumping a bunch of others here, so welcome to my past I guess, and happy reading. Haha.
    ---------
    There was the characteristic double-burst of someone using a jump drive, and sure enough where once there was nothing sprang forth a cruiser, already deploying countermeasures towards the incoming missiles that were trying to gain a lock through the clouds of reflective dust, their sensors driving them towards the cruiser, each one packing enough power to level a small city, and leave a pretty glow afterwards. The cruiser was now firing its own barrage of weaponry, its excessive amounts of turrets each firing a small pellet of neutronium towards the enemy at a high enough percentage of the speed of light to make Einstein roll in his grave.

As expected it's very hard indeed to protect yourself from a projectile traveling almost as fast as the universe would allow, and it's almost impossible to tell what's happening until your neighbour vanishes in an explosion as billions of joules of kinetic energy pass into their hull. Thankfully once you know it's coming you can do your best to get away from where you were a few seconds before.

Sadly enough when you weigh as much as a modern cruiser yourself moving at any decent clip is actuly surprisingly hard, and u surprisingly a majority of projectiles have already hit by the time any form of movement can be accomplished.

For a few seconds the cruiser sat there, like a predator admiring a swift and easy kill, before with a flash of radiation a wormhole linked up and swallowed it, but now the defenders knew of its presence, and its next kill would not be so easy...
    ----------
    There was a single jolt as the repulsors failed, but the pilot never got a chance to feel it as the signal that his life was about to end had not even reached his brain by the time his vehicle smacked into the interior of the ring at 0.85c, becoming a rapidly expanding cloud of vapourized alloys and energy. He had pushed his ship a little too far, and as his clone stepped out of the pod he saw his spectacular failure still echoing across universal media, and he swore at his own stupidity. A screw up like this not only cost a pilot first place, but possibly ruined the entire season for them.

As the pilot formerly in second stepped out of the pod adjacent to his he couldn't help but chuckle gently as what had happened registered on his competitior's face, "Your debris cloud got me, you bastard." she said only half seriously, "let's just hope no one else hits it."
    -----------
    When one button press is all it takes to destroy an entire planet you're not the only one to find it supid when it is placed in such a spot where it had accidentally been pressed not once, but TWO times.
    ----------
    "No-one really knew what it was, or where it came from, the fact that it had proven its ability to be fucking horrifying was good enough a reason to nuke it. Right?.... Well that only seemed to make it even angrier. What are you going to do now? Oh stop worrying about the civilians, it was going to kill them eventually... No I'm afraid we don't have anything left that can "blow it out of existence" you saw how it just took 200 megatons in its stride. I doubt bombing it again will work."

"Are you sure? I know I said to disregard human life but sheeit, that's a lot of thinking people down there, like I know that the thing is now doing its best to reach escape velocity in the atmosphere but I still think that "fire a fucking black hole into it" is a bit extreme."

"Yeah I maybe should've listened to you, I mean the fact that it just ate a planet is more funny than scary at this point. But it is expensive paying for the loss of five billion lives and it was was... regrettable, but at least it hasn't learnt how to use the jump gate yet."

"Well how the fuck was I meant to know it'd use it? I know I said I was glad it didn't know how but I didn't know that it could actually learn, and no it's now probably just outside this station, congratulations you've doomed- Oh yeah look here it comes now to fu-"

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    FonkDerok likes this.
  2. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Admin
    I laughed harder than I should have