1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

A Scary Bug D: (and some more)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cheecken, May 31, 2015.

1. Cheecken

Cheecken Member

So I played a bit on different maps, to test this game out for a while. I spent most of my time in Dark Keigan and experienced a Spooky little bug (a screenshot should be attached on the bottom called "OK THATS CREEPY")
    OK THATS CREEPY.JPG
    In the Inside of this huge cavesystem on Dark Keigan you have many tunnels and an enourmous cave. in the cave the lighting of the body is actually ok, just the Eyes glow, even when it is pitch black. I guess it has something to do with the eye textures, because -as I said-the lighting is actually good on the rest of the body.

Now the tunnels! I found out that while in First Person mode, Pirizuka can't walk backwards in the tunnels. I think the problem is that Pirizuka doesn't Strafe, but turn around when she wants to move backwards in the Third Person perspective. I have no Idea how to fix this, but probably the way she walks has to be redone completely. Also, when you get this Gun in the tunnels and quit the game and start it up again, you'll still have the gun on you. When you enter the tunnelsystem, your gun turns invisible and cannot be used anymore.
    Bug_inside.JPG
    Bug_outside.JPG
    Now we come to this Tunnelsystem--->Cave transition thing, where the camera changes from "First Person" to "Third Person". When you Draw your Weapon and walk through the Door into this huge cave, a half of your gun turns invisible. (in the pictures "Bug_inside" and "Bug_outside" you see the difference, but when I tabbed out of the game to take the screenshot the FOV of the model increased so unfortunately you have to experience this for yourself to see it) This has probably something to do with this "forced transition"between perspectives.

Aaand the gun? The gun works perfectly... most of the time. The impact of the bullet/grenade is not always present and when a bullet should ricochet of a surface, it doesn't and disappears instead. Another minor bug, is that Pirizuka "hops" or jumps up and down when standing in the cave.

NOT EVERYTHING ABOUT THE CAVE IS GLITCHY!!! The atmosphere in the cave and tunnelsystem is -even with the placeholder graphics- really well done. It is creepy and unsettleing. Well done Dude. (see Screenshot "Beautiful")
    Beautiful.JPG

Attached Files:

Magiichan likes this.
  2. Azai

Azai Moderator

• Mod
    As for the first bug, I'm pretty sure some or all Thilians canonically have glowing eyes, though I can't find anything on the wiki stating it. I just think I've heard Syrs talk about it before.
    The other bugs seem pretty legit though. 9/10 bug report

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  3. Cheecken

Cheecken Member

I am not entirely shure about the glowing eyes thing, but if they are supposed to do that, it still looks way too creepy :D