1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Acrityrda is Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Zerahypt Fan Art' started by LockRay, Jun 4, 2015.

1. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

Sizes are roughly to scale (Except for the ISS which should be way smaller than a pixel)
    1 pixel = ~10km (6.2mi)
    Disclaimer: This is probably not what the tree actually looks like, I don't know.
    Ridiculous.png
    Edit: I remade the whole image because the earth was half the size it should have been.
    It's still ridiculous though,,,
    Edit #2: Added the height of the International Space station's orbit, for that extra sense of scale.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Skeleton likes this.
  2. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Ssshhhhh ssshhhhhh itsss okkkkk just let it gooooo take it innnnn and enjoyyy it

3. Catblaster

Catblaster Veteran Member

Pretty legit.

4. Azai

Azai Moderator

• Mod
    Hmm...
    This is kind of off topic, but shouldn't Acrityrda technically be infested with fungi and termites? I mean unless the fact that it currently resides in Dark Keigan means no such life can thrive. Also, I guess its interior could be accounted for by those runes you see flying around in it in the game.
    I also wonder whether it's ever caught fire.
    I dunno. Maybe the wood Acrityrda is made of is special. It grew pretty tall after all, so it might be different in other ways. I mean at least the wood would have to be really fucking resistant to pressure, as the weight of 250 kilometers of tree isn't quite nothing.

Also, the wiki page of Acrityrda for your convenience:

5. Gwonam

Gwonam Member

Were it a normal "earthling" tree, there would be a whole bunch of physical factors that would make it impossible for the tree to grow so large - however, we have to take into account that we're talking about an alien lifeform, and therefore don't know anything about its structure, metabolism or what the "wood" consists of (it would have to be something unreasonably strong, or some kind of physical anomaly).

6. MagicDishWasher

MagicDishWasher Member

it s a maagic tree

7. TeoUltika

TeoUltika New Member

Holy fucking shit its called an atlas tree oh my god.
    Acrityrda is the area that was carved out from the tree after it fell.
    Also, do you know how huge Zerana was? Three times the size of Earth.

8. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

Well I'll be fucked, I didn't even notice the tree itself wasn't called Acrityrda... As of the size of Zerana, it doesn't really matter, the image was made to show how big it is compared to Earth. Thank you.

Oh and chill will ya? Not even Syrsa himself reacted like that when I referred to it as Acrityrda, infact he didn't seem to notice at all :P

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  9. TeoUltika

TeoUltika New Member

Don't worry, LockRay, I am this way around everyone; every single person I meet on the internet.
    Also, have you accepted the Motus as your lord and savior?

Oh yeah, and to add to the topic at hand, Syrsa said that the reason the ambient sounds you hear in Acrityrda are so distorted is that the properties of the wood affect sound in such a way to make distant things sound backwards.