1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Bolting Around the Underworld Gearbox

Discussion in 'Zerahypt Media (Screenshots/Video Captures)' started by Corona688, May 24, 2016.

1. Corona688

Corona688 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get close enough to query whatever I can about this mysterious place. First results...

[​IMG]
    The stand is an 'agrian pivot', and the helix attached to it is an 'agrian tube'.

2. Corona688

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At this point I had to rush back to the vehicle as it was slipping off the pipe.

3. EpicTacoGenius

EpicTacoGenius Member

[​IMG]
    This is an Agrian sand port which can be found hanging off of the ceiling of the underground
    [​IMG]
    An A-ROT Ider 1, very accurate, no spread.

Corona688 likes this.
  4. Corona688

Awesome. I found the port but didn't find the weapon.

Also, it sounds like there's an abberoid or something on the top level of the port, but I couldn't *see* it, just hear it. I thought I might be somehow near the rock, but no, it was nowhere near it.

[​IMG]
    After this point I managed to crash badly enough even the bolt couldn't survive it, and Pira went home in an ambulance.

5. EpicTacoGenius

EpicTacoGenius Member

You should consider getting the Indestructable Vessels mod by @Magiichan http://www.zerahypt.net/threads/mod-indestructible-vehicles.484/
    It works, Magiichan made it at my request (super greatful).

6. Corona688

[​IMG]
    I found out what was making the droid noises. It doesn't seem hostile, so I guess not an abberoid. I couldn't leave the vehicle to query it for obvious reasons.

7. Corona688

It is hard as hell to land on one of those worms with the Y-fork things. I got a query in the split second before Pira fell off, it's a "digestor" apparently, there was more but it didn't screenshot. My next attempt to approach one was ended by the letter E, terminating tonight's explorations in frustration.

8. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Admin
    so thats where that fucking gun is

TimberWolf224 and dtb1987 like this.
  9. TimberWolf224

TimberWolf224 Veteran Member

I tried to do that with the motus. It worked for a little while, but it didn't end well. Simply put, I now know you can fall right out the bottom of Terrahypt.... I will see what I can do to find out more about those machines; if you haven't already posted yours, I will post my findings. Also, that annoying little bugger aberrant-looking thing is an agrian enforcer. Which reminds me, what is up with the sad little aberrant in the entrance to the agratyrda (that place)?

10. Corona688

Verisimilitude, probably. Just some sorry abberoid which made its way all the way down the tube just to meet certain doom in the gearbox of the world.

Speaking of violence:

[​IMG]
    ...I bet its live, but I'm not going to be the one to bell the cat.

Also, you can land atop the sand-worms, but I haven't learned anything useful by doing so. The segments just query up "Agrian Tube" and the fingers as "Agrian Claw", and aren't actually hollow despite appearances. They are also quite non-OHSA compliant, unlike the whooshers and things, quite prone to move while you're upon them or just freakin nearby enough to bump(indestructible vehicles is looking better all the time). Don't leave your vehicle for very long.

Oh, and the ceiling is "supersand".

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  11. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Guest

Spoiler:

The drone you saw isn't an aberroid. It's called "Agrian Aberrant" (do not ask why) and acts as a law enforcement unit.

Even in hell under the bedrock (or would it be bed-sand?), there is law.

12. SYRSA

SYRSA Administrator

• Admin
    B1G... For fuck sake, if you were around when I said that they were called Agrian Aberrants. Then you must know that I've also mentioned that they are ROGUE Agrian robots, who are BAD, that ATTACK other Agrians, hence the name "ABERRANT"... They are NOT law enforcement units.

13. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Guest

AWW HELL

I don't think I was!

14. Corona688

HA! You *can* land on one of the sandworms, if you're very careful and very lucky...!

[​IMG]
    It doesn't look like there's room to land *between* the shells, but there is. And so. I guess this is why the desert isn't piled 17 feet deep in wrecked abberoids.

15. TimberWolf224

TimberWolf224 Veteran Member

Ahh, thanks. I've been wondering what those are. And between supersand and those things, you have a nice logic compliant explanation for why stuff sinks into the sand and vanishes. (Nice one, syrsa)

Also, aberroids are the little triangular things that zap you. I call 'em mosquitos. I think you are thinking of aberrants.

16. Heckspress

Heckspress Well-Known Member

i shot at the turret.
    it didn't shoot back, but it turned to me and burned my retinae with the mother of all lens flares.
    i think another shot woulda done it.

Corona688 likes this.