1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Challenge: Rock'n'Roll™

Discussion in 'Zerahypt Discussion' started by LockRay, Jun 5, 2015.

1. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

So I've been messing around in Athnias alot, and I discovered a fun little mini-game, and I decided it could be a fun challenge for people on the Forum. I call it... wait for it... Rock'n'Roll™ (Ba dum tsss...)
    Basically you have to find a small Driftrock (the smaller ones are often found in the more mountainous areas of the map) and push it with your vehicle to see how fast you cat get it to move. Sounds easy right?
    Well, you can try it and then we'll talk...Driftrocks love to bounce up into the air, where you can't reach them, and then there's the limitation of how much space you have to accelerate in. Also, your choices of vehicles in Athnias are... well... yeah...
    Speed is what we are going for here, but if you do something creative instead, that's cool!

Anyway! When you think you have reached a good speed, take a screenshot or a video of it and post it here. Make sure the speed indication is visible.

Here's my first entry, to set a bar:

Screenshot (11).png
    73km/h in an Afazis Cruiser. This was taken literally seconds before the edge of the map :P

Edit: Ok, I realize it's hard to tell whether I'm actually pushing it here or I just took this a moment before I slammed into it, but come on let's be honest here and not cheat, it's just a game after all.

dtb1987 likes this.
  2. Catblaster

Catblaster Veteran Member

Pretty neat idea, got a tactic that worked pretty well, the problem now is that I keep running out of flat space to drive, one bumb and the rocks is gone.
    [​IMG]
    That said, good luck beating this.

3. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

If you run out of flat space in Athnias... That says alot...

4. Catblaster

Catblaster Veteran Member

@LockRay Acceleration is kinda slow backwards, and the rocks spawn like.. half way in a flat area, you either run out of map or into a hill.

5. BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy Well-Known Member

• Coder
    Don't use the green car! It is slower than both the van and the delivery truck! XD

6. Rebecca

Rebecca Veteran Member

Don't know if this challenge is still open, but through a combination of lots of trial and error and about an hour of rocks getting flung into space, I managed to get this shot before this guy joined it's brethren in orbit.
    [​IMG]

LockRay likes this.
  7. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

Yuss! It's alive! Thank you o3o

dtb1987 likes this.