1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Chitin Birds' Model Thread

Discussion in 'Zerahypt Fan Art' started by Chitin Birds, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Chitin Birds

Chitin Birds New Member

I don't know how to introduce this thread so I'm just gonna throw what I've got here.

First up is a wip of Pirizuka from Zerahypt, but with a lower triangle count and with better polyflow (the model on the right has ~5.5k tris compared to Syrsa's model of ~15k tris on the left). I'm planning on refining her midriff and correcting the colors, among other things.
    [​IMG]

Next up is a wip of Alia from Terrahypt (current tri count is just under 4k).
    [​IMG]

I'll add on to this thread as I make more progress and create more models (This thread's contents won't be just Terrahypt-related; I'll upload pictures of wips and finished models of other stuff as I go along).

Magiichan, Skeleton and dtb1987 like this.
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Veteran Member

Looks nice, and I can't help but chuckle at that FPS difference between the two images, heh.

3. Skeleton

Skeleton Veteran Member

these eyes are really unsettling... they look absolutely devoit of life. besides that good job!

4. Chitin Birds

Chitin Birds New Member

It's time for a long overdue update to this thread.
    At one point between starting this thread and now, the scene file for Pirizuka had corrupted. The only backup was from three weeks prior, which totally killed my will to work on her. I decided to work on her again about a month ago, starting from the ground up.

Current tri-count is 5,641. She's currently nude so I have a base for making clothing later.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And an imgur album if you want to view the uncensored screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/3AZZx

You may have noticed her hair appears different from Syrsa's model. That is because I took a few artistic liberties with her design and gave her fuller looking hair. I also made her a bit more stocky, since I felt that fit her character better than her current height.

(And to moderators: If these images are against the ToS, message me and I'll remove them and leave the imgur link.)

Magiichan and B1G-CR1ME like this.
  5. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Guest

Hey, you're alive!

The new model is all good, and the cell-shaded look is swell.

The only thing that concerns me, though, is the butt crack. Oh, and thilians' nipples aren't always visible (even without clothing! Although don't take it as a demand to remove them).

6. Chitin Birds

Chitin Birds New Member

Thanks. The buttcrack's appearance is due to how the Ink n' Paint material in 3DSMax interprets smoothing groups and contours. The geometry is not actually that widely spaced, as the material would have you believe. There's not really much I can do about it other than disabling overlapping, which causes overlapping geometry to not be as clearly defined. This shouldn't be too bad since the material I'm using is actually a composite of Ink n' Paint and Standard; internal contours should still be visible, albeit not as bold.

Also, I learned about how thilian nipples work after starting on this model. I just thought it would be too much of a hassle to remove them.

7. Chitin Birds

Chitin Birds New Member

[​IMG]
    (Those hands...)
    Here's a short and quick update.
    I've gotten around to rigging the model. I've rigged about 90% of the model, with only the face remaining (rip me). She still doesn't have pants.
    I've also decided to upload a video render of the test animation I used to help in the rigging process here.

I don't have a whole lot else to report on my progress, so here's a low-poly Splatoon themed dish I made last month.
    [​IMG]
    Rigging boobs sucks.

Magiichan, B1G-CR1ME and FonkDerok like this.
  8. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Guest

That face...

*click*

noice