1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Controller and keybindings not working.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ditzy, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ditzy

ditzy New Member

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me out, as I didn't see another thread about this. I can't seem to get my controls to work for me. No matter what I do I seem to be stuck with the default bindings. My keyboard is in a Dvorak keyboard layout, so I can't use WASD. In the launcher's "Input" tab I changed by keybindings to what I need, but when I start the game up it still uses the original keybinding, which has me reaching unreasonably across my keyboard to try and move my character.

I also tried using a controller. I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and I was able to get the "Input" tab in the launcher to recognize its inputs and change the joystick bindings to that controller's inputs. But when I start the game the controller does nothing. No buttons or joysticks cause any reactions in the game.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

2. Magiichan

Magiichan Administrator

• Admin
    • Coder
    Yeah, the input keys are handled internally by the code, there should probably be some system implemented where u can change the bindings.
    @SYRSA Would you like to implement something that'll allow this?

3. BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy Well-Known Member

• Coder
    I am 99% sure Syrsa used Input.GetKey instead of Input.GetButton and Input.GetAxis. Thus, no custom input. Not tool terrible to fix, however, if Syrsa so chooses.

4. ditzy

ditzy New Member

Ah, well that definitely explains it. Thanks for the quick response, you two! I'll switch to QWERTY for now when I play.

5. BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy Well-Known Member

• Coder
    As an alternative, you could download a custom gamepad keymapper.