1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Fallout Monster/Weapon Ideas For Story

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussions' started by Enzyme-Sigma, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Enzyme-Sigma

Enzyme-Sigma Warlord Member

• Donor
    Do you have monster/weapon idea that would fit perfectly in the Fallout universe? No? Then fuck off. If you do then please provide an accurate description of your Monster/Weapon in the relies. All ideas are wanted no matter how insane they are. You will also be credited for your ideas in the Story. Thank you!

2. Magiichan

Magiichan Administrator

• Admin
    • Coder
    -fucks off-

3. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    It was supposed to be a joke but whatever.

4. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Something i always wanted to see in game was akin to a plasma rocket launcher where you would load an EC pack and it would charge a plasma bolt inside then propel it down a rail and out the end to detonate where it hits with minimal fall off

Enzyme-Sigma likes this.
  5. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    That's fuckin' metal *fist bump*

6. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Also a laser shotgun. Now i cant take full credit for this and if you would like i can load up my new vegas and take pictures of it for you but a laser rifle that charges and upon full charge releases Multiple bolts of light at once where they do lots of limb damage but little else where as the single shot hurts more. That was in a mod i picked up a while back nice gun 0 practicality

7. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Plasma grenade launcher cause normal grenades are boring. Or have one launcher that can load plasma emp or regular

Enzyme-Sigma likes this.
  8. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    Sounds too alike to the tri-beam lazer rifle...

9. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

It is untill you see how many bolts it puts out

10. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Ill snag a pic of some weapons you might like one second

11. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    Do you have link to the mod?

12. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

This is it i believe and its called Project Nevada http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40040

Also heres the image. I have a texture mod that makes every laser shot look pretty and the impact location glow for a moment but this is one burs and i was using free cam so it caused my character to jolt downwards but normally they would be all spread in the top. Suffice to say youve got me on board and ill help any way i can

Attached Files:

13. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Here is what that rifle looks like compared to the normal rifle. Its the one with the focusing lens 2015-06-15_00003.jpg 2015-06-15_00004.jpg the actual rifle has no weapons mods

14. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    Oh yeah Project Nevada, I have that. You will see a lot of new tech inspired but these guys. I might put it in but I'm not sure how exactly I would use it...

15. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Well what are you plannig non using these ideas for and ill think upo some situational styled weapons to fit

16. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    I wanted weapon ideas so I could design scenarios around them...

17. Gephfryee

Gephfryee Member

Would the Tesla Cannon not fit that description? I suppose it doesn't exactly charge up, but it does fire a large ball of energy down a rail.

As for monster ideas, something I always thought would be rather interesting was something along the line of a mutated bird of prey. Take an eagle or a large buzzard, make it about three to five times larger, significantly more vicious and resilient, and give it a nice, green glow and maybe even some scales, spines, extra claws/legs/wings for effect, and have them fly around in flocks.
    I also thought, mostly for New Vegas but somewhat 3, that large, tunneling worms or snakes would be interesting. Obviously they're significantly larger than normal, anywhere from a human-sized to a few metres in length. Big, carnivorous, and can pop up from anywhere. Make them naturally, or I suppose, mutated to have armour plating for bonus points.

As for weapons, I was always disappointed that there were no plasma or laser sniper rifles. In that strain, a rather interesting and sensible idea for a weapon that would fit would be to take a rifle, any rifle(varmint, sniper, anti-material, whatever suits your fancy), and then modify it so that it A. fires using compressed air, and B. uses bolts or arrows instead of bullets. The compressed air tank, which you would likely have either fitted under the barrel or on the side of the stock, would provide a decent or even exceptionally powerful means of silent firing, the barrel would improve arrow/bolt accuracy, and your ammo is reusable. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Assuming you still need ideas.

18. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

19. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    A giant mutant bird? Yeah I could possibly come up with something for that. I'm not sure I want to do worms as those work best in sand or anywhere where there's soft water like ground. And as for your weapons... God damn you're fuckin' spot-on. Did I mention that this story first started out as a mod where I was going to add more energy weapons? One of those weapons was a plasma/laser sniper rifle, as well as some others that I won't say here. Your rifle idea is dangerously close to being the same one I had, I won't tell you what I had in mind but I will say that you'll like definitely like it.

20. IronianKnight

IronianKnight Pardoxan Traveler

• Donor
    A Brotherhood of Steel acolyte could have passed a request to make use of Liberty Prime's eye laser while the rest was being rebuilt. Strap a power pack to your back, make the array into a shoulder mounted death cannon, all set for an interesting encounter with a BoS officer..

Enzyme-Sigma likes this.