1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

(Fixed) Invulnerable Aberrant Cruiser

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TimberWolf224, Jan 13, 2016.

1. TimberWolf224

TimberWolf224 Veteran Member

Well, That darn thing is invulnerable. I don't know how to kill it. I have 2 ten minute videos where you can watch me with an indestructible chaustol cruiser with infinite ammo, and the Agrian Executor Cruiser (as well as the helirotor and the bothunter for a little while) are just unleashing a hailstorm of lead (and white hot plasma) at the Aberrant cruiser, and it did not die. I won't be posting that video since the file is to big, and I sound stupid. (It was 2 in the morning when I recorded it...)

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Felix

Felix Member

There is the possibility (and I'm not a developer so don't quote me on this) that the Aberrant Cruiser is invulnerable on purpose. I don't know the reason and I can't speculate on it, but then again I could be completely and utterly wrong.

3. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor
    It is, you're not supposed to be able to kill it because it's massive and trying to kill it with the weapons at your disposal would be like trying to sink and air craft carrier with a 9mm handgun

4. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Admin
    wait which cruiser are we talking about? because Timber said he had the Exicuter on it. In my experience thats the only invincible cruiser in the whole game/fus/thing

5. TimberWolf224

The Executor is Agrian, and I refer to it as the executor. The aberrant cruiser is the one I am referring to.So the one with the three guns on the side. This is the one I am talking about: bandicam 2016-01-13 17-52-29-236.jpg Its a bit beat up, but you can tell what I am talking about, right?

6. SYRSA

SYRSA Administrator

• Admin
    Well, it can be killed. Aberrants are made out of Agrian metal, so they are pretty invulnerable if you just blast away at their hull without considering hitting their weakspot. Apparently, no one have ever managed to land a hit in the right place, so the aberrant cruiser is still hanging in there.

7. FonkDerok

• Admin
    yea thats the one i was thinking about. I've seen the Executor take it down so it shouldn't be invincible

8. TimberWolf224

Well, I cannot find that weakspot. I have hit basically every part of the thing, and I can't find it. And unlike the smaller one, you don't seem to be able to blow its "eye" off. I even looked in the very code itself and I can't figure it out. (Its probably rather obvious, and I might just be too much of an idiot to find it.)

9. SYRSA

SYRSA Administrator

• Admin
    Well, the aberrant cruiser thanks me for not telling you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Veteran Member

You mean the bigass Aberrant Cruiser or the smaller one? The big one with the vertical fins and AA cannon just takes a shot right in the peeper to kill, the smaller one is the same as far as I know, explosion is preferable to straight out boolets though, as I know for a fact I've managed to take out both with the missiles on the basic fighter near where you start, while most else fails.

11. TimberWolf224

The aberrants must like you... (I dun been trolled by SYRSA..)

Yeah, but it doesn't work. (Nice spelling of da boolets, comrade.) I have unloaded just about everything into that thing's eye, and no dice. I also try (and almost always fail) to hit it with the chaustol cruiser's missiles, but I have no clue how to target those darn things.. I even hit it with a doom missile once. We will simply say, the executor was executed. The aberrant, not so much.

Not the doom cannon projectile though. I coded my own shell for the HC40 that has a similar size explosion, but it's a missile, and its buggy as a damp basement. Doom missiles: 100% guaranteed to crash equally well on any version of zerahypt. I need to code a few projectiles based on preexisting scripts.. Speaking of, how do you get the AP shells for the HC40 to work? I can find them, but they look exactly like the default rounds, and if you pick them up, it makes no difference. Yes, I know you use the 1234 buttons to change rounds, but it doesn't work...

(What I meant by the executor was executed is that it was launched off the map so fast that even though the helirotor was killed, the executor finally warped in about 10 minutes later. That thing was GONE, FAST. On a related not, I discovered the executor is invincible. Pirizuka, not so much. Piri's tank? Eeyup.)

12. FonkDerok

• Admin
    i was about to say

i read "the exicutor was executed" and i was fucking ready to grab the juggernaut and spend hours unloading round after round on that [insert diety here cause i have some minute standards on profanity]-damned son-of-a-bitch

13. TimberWolf224

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hue hue hue

(Also, good luck finding a projectile that powerful. That was no ordinary projectile that I fired.)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  14. Discord

Discord Member

I manged to hit in the thruster... It still manged to shake it off.

15. TimberWolf224

Ok, its official. That thing is invulnerable. I have blasted every square inch of the thing, and it does not care. If you break all the guns, and wedge it into a rock, then it acts like its braindead, but I can't kill it. This abberrant is an annoying bnastard. I have blasted every part of the thing (it took about an hour and a half), and it made no difference. I also must have blasted that thing with 15 ballistic missiles, and it didn't do much more than blow all the panels off and break the guns. I also noticed that bullets didn't collide with the 'eye' of the thing when shot from the side. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

16. FonkDerok

• Admin
    i just started unloading on the eye with the executor tank and it killed it eventually

granted it still took forever but it did die

17. TimberWolf224

I did that too, couldn't kill it. Matter of fact, that's what I've been trying to do for the past four hours, but between all the rage quits, I don't get very far.