1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Frozen Piri. (Motus/Ambulance/Pirizuka Bug for Update 14)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by LockRay, Jun 7, 2015.

1. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

If you call an ambulance while driving the Motus, Piri will be frozen. It is impossible to move or jump and calling the ambulance again does not fix it, the only way to escape is to restart the game completely.
    Additionally, going in first-person mode while frozen has some peculiar effects: The camera will jitter and move in and out of Piri's head, Piri will randomly move around across the floor and she will have a strange pose when you return to third-person mode (It appears to be the pose she takes while you are in first-person, with her hand extended in order to appear at the corner of the screen, only her body is somewhat twisted), she also cannot die in this state, as falling off the edge of Yzmir has no effect on her.

How to replicate:
    1.Go to Athnias (note: doesn't work in the desert)
    2.Find and get on the Motus.
    3.Press Shift+0 to call the Ambulance while driving the Motus.
    4.Try to move around and (optionally) call the Ambulance again and/or hold right-click to switch to first-person mode.

Here are some screenshots:
    Screenshot (31).png
    The strange pose Piri takes if you go on first-person

Screenshot (35).png
    The camera here is inside Pirizuka's body.

Screenshot (32).png
    Falling off the edge doesn't kill her.

Screenshot (36).png
    Piri? Are you okay?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Catblaster

Catblaster Veteran Member

I've had stuff like this once. when spamming E and getting stuck in the ground somehow, animations stopped working and she became immune to the falling.
    Couldn't replicate or make it easy to explain so I just let it be, never happened again after that.

Btw just shift + 0'd out of the motus in the desert and respawned just fine.

EDIT: seems to be limited to the motus in Athnias. got the same effect as described, good call.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  3. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

Oh, I didn't actually try it in the desert... Let me correct that then!

4. BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy Well-Known Member

• Coder
    It seems to me that a good portion of the game's bugs stem from how Piri's player controller is constructed. I'm gonna do some experimentation during my free time (of the modding kind) to see if I can fix some stuff.