1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Greetings and salutations.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chloe Voidborn, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Chloe Voidborn

Chloe Voidborn Member

Greetings and salutations, humble readers of this page. This is the self-proclaimed introduction of le moi.
    The name´s Chloe Voidborn and as many of you suspect, this isn´t my real name. But who cares, this is the internet after all!

Let´s start with how i found out about Zerahypt: I discovered it whilst browsing through some random top 10 videos on Youtube. To be more precise on place 8 of Uberdolans "Top 10 games you never heard of" ^^" Since it seemed interesting and this Uberdolan in the video said this game was emphasizing heavily on Lore instead of flashy gameplay i became interested for reasons that will follow later in this introduction.

Well then, i´m your random 19-year old (20 at the end of january next year) engineering student with a fiction addiction. I mostly became I´m interested in every games Lore far more than health for one person. I became especially interested in this because i heard that the Lore was crafted as the fabric of a single persons fantasy, a point which i can relate to. Yes, you heard right, I too (similar to Mr.Wonder here) have my own fictional World I write novels from. Or ...wait wait, stop right there. That was probably a bit of an exaggeration, I apologize. I really have a world I work with, but I didn´t build it myself from scratch. Instead i took the runn-in-a-mill fantasy Rpg world I spend half of my childhood in (no, not WoW), namely called Elios (from elsword) (With has as much Lore as suggested in SYRAS "What is Zerahypt" video on youtube [aka "Lore, that´s just something to write a story about"]). I took that as the most basic construct or to be most precise this epitome of dissatisfaction called Lore of the third playable Character called Rena. All the player ever gets to know about her can be described literally as the following: A picture of her and the following statement: "She was send by an older female elf called 'The eldest' to some stupid tree (the games starting point) to protect some kind of energy stone(gets stolen in the beginning of the game) which powers are diminishing because if they diminish further some unexplained darkness may emerge victorious from something also unnnamed.
    And that´s it. No familiy, no physiology, no nothing on elves. Those two are literally the only not-dark elves(a type of mob and a boss/mini boss later on) that you have documented proof of existence for. Then i thought [pardon my language] "Yo, shit, if those guys in the devteam won´t gimme some cookies on dat cougar, then imma make ma own pie of that bad kitty and that shit is gunna be tasty, yo!". And thus I worked on a novel featuring her background story. But as I wrote that book, I more and more overworked multiple parts of the whole world to establish my version of my favorite character of the elvish occupation insite a far more believable version of Elios. Then after i finished that book at around 800 pages I realized that I also had a realistic version of Elios now which i used to begin with more stories in there.

Little forecast: My latest story is about this Rena, which has obtained the ability to travel between dimensions and doing so after a good couple hundred years of boredom in her homeworld where she reached the maximum of her potential(because we all know elf´s are getting old) literally enabling her to visit other gameworlds in a gigant multipurpose Crossover story. (you know where this is heading) and the approval of SYRAs being a given would also think of a crossover story for this epic gameworld ^^

Whew, I talked a bit too much about my hobby, didn´t I? Hmm, to be frank ... all i wanted to say is, that i´m also elaborate in the art of Loreweaving and I will pick the Lore of this world apart from the point of a fellow Loreley (not really the offical job title, but it just popped in my head) and will suggest a ton of things torwards the Lore which Mr.Fantastic may or may not use as objects of inspiration if or whenever he wishes.

Since we are in that corner already, is there an version of Terrahypt Lore which can be read out? Not like a novel or the game, but more like a collection of facts? Because so far in regards of Lore i only know about the ship Terrahypt itself, the Thilians, Egnia and a bit about the Yluxa incident. would love to know more.

With all that i guess i will close my self introduction for the day and maybe add some stuff lateron

Sincerely
    Chloe Voidborn

BeardyBroski and Magiichan like this.
  2. Pingule

Pingule Member

k

Demimoz Keroz likes this.
  3. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Guest

Why hello there! Welcome to the forums. Beware of the trolls.

You can find out more about the world of Terrahypt right here on the wiki.

Side note. I am pretty certain that Syrs won't exactly appreciate contributions too much... not that he's some big meanie, it's just the lore of his - as much as I understood, it's a more or less uncomplete one, but the guy's head is full of ideas and he is constantly adding 'em to it, as well as to the gam... I mean, the Zerahypt FUS*. So you might want to keep that fountain of yours down a little... in terms of not rolling it all out in the streams, that is! I'd suggest you try out posting some on the forums.

Thanks, and have fun!(c)

*Yes, Zerahypt is actually a Fictional Universe Simulator, as stated by SYRSA himself.

Magiichan likes this.
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Veteran Member

Hello! Welcome to the forums, trust me there aren't as many trolls as B1G may imply, mainly one called Skeleton, and he's currently dormant thank Tyg....

I would recommend the wiki, but just beware as some info might be outdated or inaccurate, so if you have a question it's best to catch a stream and ask there, but it is also perfectly fine to ask elsewhere too, you're just more likely to receive an answer on stream. (Just be ready for anything, including reybidyarks, if you don't know what those are trust me by the end of this week you'll know, hue)

One last thing, you may pick the lore apart, and you may suggest additions and stuff, but you should just know before you begin so that his lore is pretty closed off from external input, and thus he much prefers to come up with stuff himself than have someone else suggest things, but yeah, in the end you're free to do as you wish, I'm just giving pointers.

So in the end (again??), welcome! And I hope you ramble more about your lore, as it's piqued my curiosity now, Haha.

5. Kalezoric_Zenata

Kalezoric_Zenata Member

Hiya. Welcome To zerahypt, Enjoy your stay, one newcomer to another.

6. Chloe Voidborn

Chloe Voidborn Member

@Kalezoric_Zenata Hey there, fellow newcomer. it seems we multiply >:D soon we can begin to take over terrahypt.

@Rebecca it seems there has been a slight misunderstanding (mostly my fault because i didn´t elaborate it back then).
    By no means i wanna tell Syras how to write his Lore by suggesting specific things. What i meant was that when i look onto the suggestions inside this very forum i see heaps and heaps of suggestions for the game which would make the game far more ... fun / easier/ accessable.
    But on a second look you see how it would conflict with certain aspects of terryhyptian lore.

What my intentional goals are, are not to suggest just another box full of idears on how to add cool stuff to Zerahypt but quite contrary i hope to suggest and point out certain aspects of terrahyptian lore which might have the capabilities to include sth new (and maybe a slight hint on where it COULD evolve for, serving as some sort of basic inspirational launch pad to get the inaginary gears rolling), or are in need of a rework (for example if u ever wanna include more wildlife, u maybe wanna expand regions with greenery aka forests, plains, cropfields whatever[maybe leading to some of the new regions having some sort of terrahyptian vegetation]; Thilians can´t breath air, so how can they perform metabolism? Muscles need nutriens and oxygen to work especially if they have an eight time more dense muscle structure [or do they breath this archium stuff they´re made of]; the physical aspects of the interaction of Egnias legs with her prothesis!!!)

Sry if I didn´t make myself clear the first time and if you still think this will be an impossibility, then why do we have a suggestion area in this forum?

With regards,
    Chloe Voidborn (the loreweaving fantasynovel-writer of endless curiosity)

7. Enzyme-Sigma

Enzyme-Sigma Warlord Member

• Donor
    I smell the scent of another writer.

Magiichan likes this.
  8. Chloe Voidborn

Chloe Voidborn Member

Really? D: *snyf, snyf* i thought i took a shower this morning!?!

9. Rebecca

Rebecca Veteran Member

Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood what you said, now that I have a better understanding I say sure, go ahead, I was just warning against suggesting huge new features or completely reworking existing ones, and now I see that was not quite what you were saying. :p

10. Demimoz Keroz

Demimoz Keroz Well-Known Member

Well, a late hello to you, you piece of interesting cake...

11. Azai

Azai Moderator

• Mod
  12. Chloe Voidborn

Chloe Voidborn Member

i´m afraight I´ll have to dissapoint you there. The only full version that should be in existence is the unfinished one as text-document on my harddrive ( +backup but let´s not talk about that).

This has two major reasons:
    First, in opposition to most of the other fanfictions which are posted online on fanfiction.net in postal succestion, this allows me to make changes to all prior chapters (which, believe me, I´m doing far more often than I acually want ... even if it´s a work to the bone as most of the events in the chapters are more or less chained to their priors -> which results in changing most of the following chapters by a bit each time) thus giving me a greater width of ground to improve whenever a good idea pops into my mind.

And second of all, because -as stated prior- you can´t distinguish the new version from the old one by simply saying "the longer one is the more recent" the only way to make sure is to simply take my word for granted on which is the original. But what i´m trying to say is that i don´t want too many false versions roaming the I-net preventing confusion regarding which one is the original.

Bonus reason: It would ruin the fun reading to many half baked versions prior to the original which contain stuff you get exited over and then in the original it got deleted. (Like my Archetype version which i wrote down with pen&paper on 500 pages. When i think on how many Yuri innuendos [if you know what that means free snyfs for you ;3] I had in there which got either calmed or deleted ... i miss them but for the greater good i have to keep it down. [*cough*lockedupinmyprivatebookshelf*cough*] )

Nevertheless I think i can give you a sample of the story no-problem. However the usual Samplechapter aka Chapter 1 -the exposition- is currently under rework and most definitley won´t get finished before i finish my semester-exams at the 6. of February.

After that I can finish the tework and translate it from my mothertongue into english and give it to you.

PS: You want me to PM you the sample or should I put it into the forum behind offtopic?

PPS: Just out of curiosity and so that I know how to deal with this, are you familliar with the MMorpG Elsword?

PPPS["Come on, already." - Ryze]: As an apology for the long reply I´ll attatch a teeny tiny extract from said fanfiction to this post. It may not be the most ideal sample of the story, but it´s a pretty nice scene in my opinion. Might not hit your taste but noone knows unless I try. >:3

^- Nevermind that, it turned out way worse than I thought it would, sorry for all those who already read that.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  13. Azai

Azai Moderator

• Mod
    Sorry for the late reply. I think it'd be appropriate to post it here, or PM me, if you'd still like to share a sample. Though now that I read that the fanfiction is not in English, I'm not sure if I want to ask you to translate it. Actually, if your native language happens to be something like French or German I might just be able to read it as it is, with a bit of effort on my side.

14. Chloe Voidborn

Chloe Voidborn Member

Yes, my native language is german.
    However the reason that I demolished the half-finished extract in my last post wasn´t only because of my poor translation skills, but due to the fact that in underestimated the amount of background knowledge required from previous chapters to make it not stand displaced to this extend as an extract.

However I think I´m now pretty much done with the first half of Chapter I which is why i´ll be posting it postsumus:
    (Note: The two Prolouge Chapters will not be included as they are not written as text but drawn as colored mangapages ... and are still in line for redrawing (so many fails in the 1. prolouge >-<)

Anyway here we go, i hope you enjoy it:

(Elios - The Wold in which the Game Elsword takes place for the most part)
    (Lurensia - A continent of Elios)
    (Demon Realm - In the game it´s like an alternate dimensional plane which is the "home" to pretty much all the enemies you encounter in the later half of the Game content (because they gotta come from somewhere, don´t they?). In this story it´s a World of it´s own which happens to share a close connection with Elios, making dimensional draven via portals viable And it was called after the first inhabitants of said world.

Rena - Forsaken Memories

Chapter I: The Beginning

Our Legend begins with a young elvish girl called Rena living in the biggest elven city on the continent of Kalai.
    Kalai wasn´t situated in Elios. One could only reach it by passing through a special dimensional portal located in the South of Lurensia. The city was partially located on Kalai while also extending around the portal on the lurensic side.
    Different to the connections to the deamon realm this portal didn´t lead to a whole new world but instead to a tiny Fragment of the old Kalai continent that remained preserved in a pocket dimension between the acual dimensions. This tiny fragment was all that was left of the old homeworld of the elvish people after something undescribed in the anchient history books except for the name of 'Evil' has had it´s way with it.
    Rena was part of the Highelven nation, an old and honorable race that has evoled alongside the woodland Elves and the Dark Elves from the very first tribe of longears that has set their feet into Elios, called Elves of the Ether. These Etheric Elves were the first to rule over the whole planet of Elios utilizing their superior technology and knowledge to fend off and replace the previous dominant race.
    The only thing trumping their power was only their own mystic wealth of knowledge which, for the biggest part, was lost during the time of evolutionary differentiation into the three elvish races of today. Anything left of this treasure of technology was taken in by the Highelves after that, alongside with the last native piece of etherelvish territory, the fragment of Kalai.
    Thanks to this heritage of their ancestors the Highelves became the leading force of technology in Elios, however they were also part of the races with the fewest populations in the entire civilized realm due to their exceptionally low parity.
    They were guarded safely by the mighty weapons which were reproduced from inherited knowledge of the ancestors or directly taken over from the Ether Elves as well as guarded by the Order of the Mîlan'Kalá, a name commonly translated as weapon masters or artisans of war.
    These legendary beings, imputed by the chroniclers with nearly divine powers, were undisputedly referred to as the strongest fighters in the whole world despite being few in numbers.
    After centuries of training, each and every one of them has chosen a unique type of weapons corresponding with his or her skills and their personal preference, with whom they practiced multiple millenia in all aviable types of battles, wars and fights.
    And just like a good sword grains additional rigor and stability with each new cycle of heating, processing and cooling down, the armorer gained additional might until the point where they were commonly refered to as protective deities of their respective weapon types by every solider, adventurer, and other weaponusing people.
    The remaining Highelves may not be so famous in the weapon department, but thanks to the ungodly amount of years in their lives, they turned torwards other occupations like Artists, Architects or Mechanics of exemplary skill and capability. Especially the Alchemist branch has done it´s part for the fame and wealth of the Highelven nation thanks to their monopoly in the cultivation of artifical El-Shards.
    El-Shards were magical crystals brimming with energy. A long time ago all El-Shards were together as one gigant crystal called "EL". It was thanks to that crystal, which had come from a place beyond Elios, and it´s powers, that the World of Elios had become a place packed with life and nature. After it´s fragmentation a few centuries back, the Shards of EL, called El-Shards [T/N: Duh!] became sources of versatile uses in the everyday life.
    There were six major types of El-Shards:
    Red El-Shards inherited the power of fire. He who was capable to unleash the inner powers of this ruby Crystal was gifted with powerful emissions of the temperature-type. Some high quality Blacksmiths use red El-Shards to heat their furnace and testified that it would give their weapons an especially fierce and firey look, which in return justified fierce and fiery prices.
    Blue El-Shards ruled over the might of the sea, or more specific of water and ice itself. This aspect was very welcomed in desert areas in which this livegiving item was a rare ocurrence. They also became worldwide used as cooling capacities in iceboxes.
    Yellow El-Stones, also called light El-Shards resembled tiny suns in cages. The rich and extravagant used them to light up their manors. But in fighting circles it was also kown that these yellow bad-boys also posessed the power of petrification.
    Green El-Shards posessed the breath of Venom. You could make use of those to let your enemies meet a poisonous green end or save yourself from such. But besides the breath of venom, they also had the breath of nature. If one were to equip these with his armor, he could become one with nature. Animals and the likes became as friendly to you as if you were a member of the elvish woodland tribes and in case of emergencies nature itself would do it´s utmost to aid you.
    The last two types were more rare then the other four because their powers would be especially useful in contentions of the rougher kind. Needless to say that these were the kind of El-Shards that rich contestants would purchase en masse, making them rare in the normal market. These two types, colored cyan and dark purple were known as El-Shards of Wind and El-Shards of Greed.
    The cyan colored wind-type El-Shards on the one hand were capable of guiding the weapon of the wielder, making his slashes and stabs even more precise and powerful and on the other hand were able to phase said weapon halfway into another plane of existence allowing them to pass through armor like spooky ghost swords, hitting only the flesh within.
    The last type of El-Shards was especially rare. If a weapon, enchanted with the dark adjunct, tasted the flesh and blood of an enemy it sucked out a part of the victims lifeforce. Even if the enemy was able to survive that fight he was sure to meet his demise a couple days earlier than planned by fate. The stolen lifeforce was used to heal the wielders wound and to refresh their mental capacities [T/N: Stealing Hp and Mp... Unbalanced! Fix please.]
    A few fanatics even believe to have found the means to eternal life inside those El-Shards which is why those are only obtainable from under-the-table trades.

The alchemists of the highelven nation were able to utilize their proficency to cultivate cystals featuring the same features as those six major types of El-Crystals. One speciality however, which made the Kalai-recreations superior to the native El-Shards were the specially produced crystals which combined two of the six effects in one crystal or on effect with twice the potency.
    And as if this wasn´t enough there still remained a type of El-Shard inside the old weapons of the Etheric-elves, which can´t be assigned to the six types of native El-Shards, essentially giving the Highelves a secret seventh type of El-Shards to experiement upon. But besides the yet-to-uncover mysteries of the seventh type of Shards the even bigger mystery would be how the elves of the ether were able to obtain this type of Shard considering that they ruled and genetically dissolved into the three elven races before EL descended upon Elios.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  15. Chloe Voidborn

Chloe Voidborn Member

Well, that´s it for today, since I´m only allowed to type 10.000 figures per post and because of that I lost a big portion of my translation when editing/extending the last post. That´s why for today I´m finished with translating.
    But since I´m out tomorrow, you can expect the next part from saturday onward.

See you then,
    Chloe Voidborn

16. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    Why isn't this in the Writing forum?

17. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Admin
    syrsa made it clear a while back he only wants zerahypt fanfics in writing

could go in its own thread in off topic tho

18. Chloe Voidborn

Chloe Voidborn Member

From what i understand, the writing section of this forum belongs to Zerahypt fanfiction only. As such, this story does not belong there as it is definitly not a Zerahypt fanfiction. (Which i thought would become clear after reading the posts before or the story itself.)

As for posting it in offtopic I shall .... ... consider it. Given that it was supposed to be a part of my self introduction, since I personally define myself at the very least partially through my fanfiction(s[but you shall never know the others]) and since one could learn a mighty lot about my personality by reading said fanfcition. (Also, given from the standards set by the preexisting threads in offtopic [no offense intended] it seems like a place for fooling around, retracting the sobriety of the threads there [And i take my fanfiction bloody serious and would like my fanfic to be taken as such, thank you]).

But since some of "The people" seem to not wish for this story to continue here, i will discontinue it until i find a solution that is befitting for all the three attenders (the story, the reader, the writer). Therefore I deleted the 2. Part and did not post the 3. one.

Ps: Wow, after all the efford I did so you guys would have an english version to read to simply say "Wrong thread" and not even a word on my story ... that tastes really bitter deep down inside. T-T Well played, guys, well played.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  19. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Admin
    I doubt any offense was meant. Enzyme just seems to be a tidbit behind on the organization of the "Art" sub-forum and I was just saying if you were to give your story it's own thread, it would go under "Off-Topic"

I'll let Enzyme speak for himself, but I personally don't see anything wrong with having the story here, especially with your reasoning

20. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    Okay, hold up a sec. When I asked why you were posting creative items in your introduction I didn't mean "fuck off". I don't watch SYRSA's streams all the time and I don't check the rest of the forums often if at all, obviously I missed the big announcement that the writing sub was for fan-fics only. You don't have to move and I never said that you had to.