1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

I need help with the lore.

Discussion in 'Zerahypt Discussion' started by synp, May 31, 2015.

1. synp

synp New Member

So for the past 8 hours i have stayed up playing and researching this game. I came from the video danger dolan made of games that have low exposure, and saw all the vinesauce drama, and I want to gain a bigger understanding of what the game is. Like i know so far that a planet exploded and a chunk of it was put into space using giant thrusters that sort of came from no where? like i know the developer says he has been working on the game for most of his LIFE and the lore for it but I've been looking for it. somebody must know the universe of terrahypt right? A big gripe i have with this game is that there is no story ingame yet he has added more side content then characters?? from what i understand there are a couple of easter eggs and shit like that but where is the lore being projected from ingame? there's only 1 npc that talks to you from what I've played. Where is the countless years of writing?Can somebody please fill me in on the story here?

Really this game was everything i was hoping for. a sci-fi exploration game with no goals. it's own universe unlike any others. At first my approach to the sexualization of the characters was, "okay creativity is great and its wonderful to be taboo and weird, whatever" but now from the bigger picture i question if this game was really meant for anything bigger then whats been made of it? A giant game with tons of lore.... but the developer doesn't take it seriously enough? What should draw me into this game????? I'm going to take a nap. (this is poorly written because im tired)

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. Catblaster

Catblaster Veteran Member

There's a lot of stuff in the wiki, you can also click the names on the map for more info,
    the tutorial also explains a bit about it. (a little clickable popup left bottom of screen when you start the game.)
    [​IMG]
    I'd also like to point out that you're able to get information on most things you see when pressing Q while in first person (hold right mouse button)
    [​IMG]
    Also feel free to come to the livestream where lore stuff will also be explained from time to time.
    I also encourage you to (if you haven't already) give this a watch,

3. synp

synp New Member

I saw all these videos and the tool tips but shouldn't it be ingame and not on a livestream??
    also im watching the stream and now im even more creeped out

4. IronianKnight

IronianKnight Pardoxan Traveler

• Donor
    That would be a lot of typing for things that aren't in the game yet. I think Syrsa's style is more towards providing good info about things as they appear. Which is why each location on the pod destination map has a paragraph or so dedicated to explaining the selected area's general lore, including the local people, the terrain and why it works that way, and so on.