1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Inner workings of a Zerzek (Zerzek/Camera Bug for Update 15)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by LockRay, Jun 23, 2015.

1. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

When standing on the Zerzek in Athnias, the camera seems to completely ignore its existence and will clip right through it without any effort.
    This is not exactly a game-breaking bug, but it means that the view while cruising with the Zerzek is largely ruined since you need to keep the camera angled in specific ways to avoid having glitchy nonsense in the way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Magiichan likes this.
  2. SYRSA

SYRSA Administrator

• Admin
    This fucking issue pisses me off so much. It's another one of Unitys way to be a cunt. It doesn't matter how many times I try to nail down the cause (trying it on other objects, changing the layers/tags/type of collider). The camera collider just does not want to collide with random rigidbodies that has a collider. But by some fucking reason, the collider it collides with is colliding with the camera (it moves away), but the cameras collider doesn't react shit, so it just passes through.

[EDIT]:
    Welp, I fixed it by removing the joint that hooks the camera to the player, it seems like rigidbody colliders just stop working when they're hooked up to something through a joint. So this means that I will have to remake the whole camera system. By making it into a little drone that uses thrusters to follow you instead.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015