1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Game Suggestion Interactive NPCs?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gridlock, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gridlock

Gridlock Member

Thinking about how far the game has come in the short time it's existed, we should all be very impressed. However, from a purely hypothetical standpoint, how far off are we from interactive NPCs? When I say interactive, I don't mean purely seek and destroy AI and the like you can find in the Maedracan Desert, while those are plenty of fun to play around with. I mean something that the player can interact with, perhaps trade with, maybe even be given quests by, if that ever becomes an implemented feature (which is unlikely, given the nature of the game and direction of its development). I'm not gonna be that guy who raves about how it should be "more like other games" or whatever, and I understand that the game is primarily more about exploring and admiring the raw beauty of Terrahypt, but I feel as though adding a populous to the game could really help bring Terrahypt to life and make the game more understandable to people who may not quite get what it's all about.

2. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

It would be nice to have more people to talk to... however... note the "more" ;)
    You haven't discovered everything yet heh.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  3. Skeleton

Skeleton Veteran Member

I really dislike how vague LockRay is so i'm gonna spoil it for you and say that there's another person you can talk to I THINK, as i have not seen it myself, i have seen others find it and i know it's legit.

4. Gridlock

Gridlock Member

Thanks guys, but ultimately, if it's that hard to find, is it really accomplishing any of the goals I've pointed out? Maybe I'm just being a little whiny about all this, but it won't exactly help bringing in new players, it doesn't exactly add so much life to the game as a whole, and it's the only one. With this new information, perhaps I should change the topic of this thread to "More Interactive NPCs". While I understand that SYRSA is hard at work with the maps and vehicles and whatnot (Including that update to Anod, which I'm a huge fan of), if he also already knows how to make the player capable of talking to NPCs, why not add more? And if this post came out sounding more rude than I'd anticipated, It's partially because I only woke up about ten minutes ago and haven't had any coffee, and partially because perhaps that's the best way to write it in. I feel like adding NPCs could give new ways for players to explore the lore, bring in new players like crazy, and maybe even give the player something to work towards in the distant future.

(Also, on a side note, am I allowed to know where it is? No specifics, just what world?)

Skeleton likes this.
  5. Enzyme-Sigma

Enzyme-Sigma Warlord Member

• Donor
    SYRSA is planning on putting in interactive NPCs, he just wants to do other stuff first before he starts on his first actual NPC. As for the hidden NPC, she's in Dark Keigan. That's as much as I'll tell you.

6. snyfing_snyfer

snyfing_snyfer Member

I think most of us have found that one NPC in that Dark Keigan cave, I may be wrong but that seems to be the only NPC not scream Allah Akbar. But i would love more NPC's to talk too. Maybe an economy could be added as well, but thats too far ahead for now :C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.