1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Please help me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussions' started by MagicDishWasher, Jun 23, 2015.

1. MagicDishWasher

MagicDishWasher Member

i have been trying to begin 3d modeling with videos on youtube, but i dont have so much free time and without having someone who can help me is really hard. so if anyone would like to help me get started i would really appreciate that. also the fact that i m italian could slow things down because my accent kinda sucks and i can't speak a fluent english, but i can write and read pretty fast (with minor errors)

2. Catblaster

Catblaster Veteran Member

I'd suggest, if you aren't already, to use blender.
    It's very easy to pick up the basics and start making things without knowing everything, also a lot of people here use blender, including syrsa himself.
    The most confusing thing at first might be navigating around, you can move the view by holding the middle mouse button, scroll vertically with shift+scroll and horizontally with ctrl+scroll.
    press tab to go into "edit mode" where you can move stuff around,
    You can select stuff with the right mouse button
    [​IMG] these three icons let you select how, select point, select line or select face(plane)
    after you have selected them you can do things with them, yay!
    move them by either dragging one of the arrows, this moves it along an axis z, x or y
    you can also do this by pressing g and then an axis of your choice
    this also woks for scaling, you can either scale it along all axis or just one, you do this by pressing s and then an axis of your choice if you want to scale it along an axis.
    the same idea goes for rotating with pressing r and then an axis of your choice.

there are a lot of controls for manipulating the model further but I feel as if a well written guide would help you more than my rambling with that.

if you have any questions I'm sure any of the people using blender on this forum can help you with it, if the controls are more confusing than helpful (most likely).
    I suggest you look for the most basic guide you can find and just mess around every now and then, looking up/asking things as you go along

Magiichan and MagicDishWasher like this.
  3. MagicDishWasher

MagicDishWasher Member

Wow, thank you a lot for that, but i have a question, if i want to make a 3d model of my idea, should i draw it before or just begin on blender?

4. HelKat

HelKat Well-Known Member

you should probably draw it first to get a idea of what you want it to look like, I designed a track for Re-Volt that way

MagicDishWasher likes this.