1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Quick Flying Vehicle

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussions' started by BluetoothBoy, Jun 9, 2015.

1. BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy Well-Known Member

• Coder
    Yeah, basically I made this in a half an hour or less, wasn't trying for much, just had to record myself modeling for something.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Sorry didn't really take the time to make a beauty-render of it.)

darky and FonkDerok like this.
  2. Magiichan

Magiichan Administrator

• Admin
    • Coder
    Looks cool :3

3. SYRSA

SYRSA Administrator

• Admin
    I can imagine this sounding like:

Rebecca and BluetoothBoy like this.
  4. BluetoothBoy

• Coder
    Lol, perfect! :D

5. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

That's pretty cool for 30 minutes of work! Maybe I only say that because I have no idea how to do any sort of art on a computer, but still...

BluetoothBoy likes this.
  6. Enzyme-Sigma

Enzyme-Sigma Warlord Member

• Donor
  7. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

You can edit your messages instead of replying to them. Also a new thread might be a good idea ;)

8. MagicDishWasher

MagicDishWasher Member

oh sorry...

9. Fire_Drake12

Fire_Drake12 Active Member

BluetoothBoy can you put a link or something to the program you used? id like to some designs but i have no idea what programs to look for. or if anyone knows an easy to use program that does this style of modeling like all the vehicles in zerahypt have (it needs to be free and easy to use i have no money(lol) and i have never used a 3D modeling program) please

10. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

I asked him the same thing in a different thread and he said he made this with Blender. It is also what Syrsa uses and it is free. So yeah... Blender, do that.

11. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

I believe he used Blender. https://www.blender.org/

12. Fire_Drake12

Alright thanks and by any chance is it modeling noob friendly?

13. Gazpacho

I'll be honest, its not that noob friendly. I have it and I try and play with it everynow and again but it get confusing with all of the buttons and stuff.

14. Fire_Drake12

lol yea i just downloaded it and started it up so much stuff i dont understand and the controls i dont get i looked up a tutorial and i watched it and i was confident i could do it so i entered back in and forgot everything! XD lol i definitely need something a bit easier to navigate and understand (granted its my first time doing 3D modeling) and even if i did figure it out and made the things i wanted to make i would need someone else to do all the physics, effects, resizing to fit the games scale, so untill a simple modeling software comes out i cant make the ship and weapon models i wanted to make :( and it would probably be syrsa that would have to do all that stuff to the models i make if he chose to put them in and he probably wouldnt enjoy it or be to busy/lazy to do it. i will still try and practice a bit with blender but i highly doubt ill ever get good at it and if i did making models would take me 8 years XD

15. Gazpacho

Thats what most people who do 3D modeling choose to do. You can likely find some people on steam that could do rigging for you if they are willing to help.

16. Fire_Drake12

ok thanks sadly i have no idea who uses blender on steam and i highly doubt any of my friends have and friends that know how to either
    i will probably watch tutorials for the next month or so and try and figure out this black magic called blender (srsly anyone that can use blender would seem like a god to me i have no idea how to use it XD)

17. MagicDishWasher

MagicDishWasher Member

I was like you some months ago, i looked at some tutorials on YouTube and when i understanded the basics i tried to make a spaceship. it turned out pretty well for my first attempt and i'll be posting it on a new thread when i have time and when i ll make textures that dont look like garbage

18. BluetoothBoy

• Coder
    Honestly, if you want to use Blender in the future, don't "dumb it down" and start with an easier program. Just keep at it with Blender. Learn one thing at a time. Practice each thing. And you'll be happy you stuck with it - trust me. ;)

19. Avarus_Lux

Avarus_Lux Active Member

thats a nice little car... ship... thingy... and yeah i imagine it'll sound either like the jetsons ship... or some awesome dragracer :P.

as for fire_drake12, yeah blender....
    [​IMG]

occasionally blender be like:

[​IMG]

using the program for about 2 years now, still learning... it has its flaws seeing it is a resource hogger, but its awesome. never shared any of my crap though, except for a few (now outdated) screenies of my starship...

Rebecca and Magiichan like this.