Scrublord for mayor

Discussion in 'Forum Moderator Applications' started by Gazpacho, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Name:
    >Here I go by Hikari but my actual name is Clayton Moore

Please mention anything you have already done for the Zerahypt forums and anything you plan and will do as a forum moderator.:
    >Well I suggested doing a staff application system like this but I have no idea if that was already planned or not. I'll likely roll around in the shadows until people need some help or I see something that should probably change.

How much time are you willing to commit to moderating the forums?:
    >Well with my lack of a life I can put in most of the day until school starts back ( which is like a week in a half from now) then from there I can put in most of the afternoon being I'm always on my computer.

Explain in detail what you think the forum rules are and who they apply to?
    >The forum rules from what I've seen and from past experience has been is to respect other members of the community and staff, don't try causing flame wars, and don't spam like a dingus. Just basic things like that and the rules apply to everyone staff and members alike.... COUGH COUGH Skeleton COUGH COUGH

Do you have any experience in moderating any forums? If yes, where?
    > I was a mod for about two months on the Galaxy RP forum as well as in game and after the shut down I lurked for a bit. After about three weeks of trying to make my own community with some friends Galaxy opened back up under The Gaming Lounge where I went and was accepted as moderator again. I staffed there for another couple of months and was about to become an admin until the owner decided to let the server go down hill ( long story ) and eventually shut both the server and forum down. They officially closed about month in a half, two months ago.

Contact Info (Skype preferably):
    > Skype: live:dudster21 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hitler_did_Nine_Eleven

Hypothetical Questions

1. A member is complaining about something on the Shoutbox. What would you do?
    >I would go check out the message that was posted in the shoutbox and if it was offensive, shitposting, or targeting the member I would remove the message and warn the person who posted the message.

2. A member is trolling on the forums. Doesn't stop after several warnings. What would you do?
    > After the multiple warnings I would give them a day ban and tell them that if it continues the ban will be extended and if needed a permanent ban will be issued.

3. You have recently banned someone for breaking too many rules. A super moderator unbans them for an unknown reason to you. What would you do?
    > I would ask the super moderator the reason for them unbanning said member as usually a higher staff member has experience and likely has a reason for unbanning the person. If he has a legitimate reason for the unban I would simply apologies for questioning his judgement in the issue and go about my business. If the reason isn't legitimate or holds no evidence I would tell him I disagree with the reasoning and I would like to reban the person. If he continued to defend the person with the faulty claim I would speak with magii privately about the matter.

4. A member has been banned recently by yourself or another forum moderator, but keeps on making accounts to spam the Shoutbox with even after you ban 3 or 4 accounts. What do you do?
    > I presume that the forum has an ip logger so I would contact magii about the person and explain the situation. After explaining it I would request that his/her ip banned from the forum permanently.

5. Two users on the shoutbox are arguing over something and both try to get you on there side. What do you do and how do you settle the fight so it won't spark back up in the future?
    >I would first tell them both that I will not take sides as I am suppose to be the neutral party in this community and I would request them to stop the fighting or to take it somewhere private and settle it among themselves. If it continued and began becoming a flame war I would warn them one last time to stop the argument or a ban will be placed. I would then go threw and screenshot the argument if needed as evidence later. I would then delete the shouts as they are basically spam.

2. Skeleton

Skeleton Veteran Member

NO ADD SKELETON BOYCOTT HIKARI SKELETON IS BEST

3. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

YUO CONT HUNDLE ULL DIS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEG

4. Magiichan

Magiichan Administrator

• Admin
    • Coder
    //Added to the consideration list

5. Magiichan