1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

So I finally downloaded Zerahypt 21.1...

Discussion in 'Zerahypt Discussion' started by TimberWolf224, Mar 16, 2016.

1. TimberWolf224

TimberWolf224 Veteran Member

...And here is what I think of it so far.

This is yet another fantastic version of an amazing game, thank you Syrsa for sharing this game with the world.
    As with every update, there are awesome new things; but there are also a few problems. There are even a few things that aren't bad, just worth noting, and I will go over as many as I can think of at 1:12 in the morning.

First, the great:

• For the first time, zerahypt is able to run without lag on my beefy computer. Low FPS have always been a problem, and it seems to be no longer an issue.
    • Most everything looks better
    • Great new vehicles
    • I very much like the new level change mechanics
    • Zerahypt no longer randomly crashes when missiles explode
    • Kicking things is fun!
    • The Aberrant Cruiser can finally DIE!!!!
    • The Cepto-Agent is absolutely epic.
    • The whole darn thing!

Now, for the not so good...

• The level select mechanics took a while to figure out (Especially since I forgot about the control notes :S ). Derp. Don't forget about the helpful things.
    • Enemies try to attack you/each other through solid objects, like the ground. This was a twice reoccurring event. It hasn't happened after the first two games.
    Now, the things I noticed that were kinda odd.

• The Executor Cruiser runs into things a lot, as does the Bothunter. This has been a bit of an on and off thing. The bothunter no longer does it, and the executor rarely does it anymore. I don't consider it an issue anymore.
    • The helirotor dies really easily, considering it's made out of agrian metal. Yea, it still takes only two shots from a mevnav to kill it. I have seen this happen several times. IDK what to make of it though, so I am assuming its hitting the weakness of it.
    And finally, things that I have to say:

• I don't care for the new look of the skyfletcher in Cyecos, however, having the ceptorylis agent makes up for it. My opinions on how things look are just that, my opinions, and should be seen as such.
    • I also liked the way the bothunter and the zerzek looked before. Ditto.
    • The animation of the 'arms' of the helirotor is a nice touch.
    • The redesigned missiles of the Executor Cruiser are rather badass, IMO. Still badass.
    • A mod I was working on caused a lot of strange AI behaviors. Disabling it fixed the AIs, so I removed them from this list. My modding skills have improved a bit since then, but they still do funny things to AIs from time to time. That one's My fault.
    • I still can't find Knug (probably since I'm to scared to go to dark kiegan). Nvm. Found it. *shivers*

That's my $0.02 for you. Thanks for reading my little ramble. Note that these are only my opinions, and they really don't matter. This still applies.

Last Edited: Mar 16, 2016.

Whats this? a 2017 update!?!? Yup. I have been using 21.1 for my main modding stuff, and it is my favorite version as well. I do use the more modern updates, most prominently 27.1, but 21.1 is still a favorite. All the small text is updates. Now that i have been using 21.1 for so long, I figured I should update this post a bit.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. SYRSA

SYRSA Administrator

• Admin
    Zerahypt 20? That's the Knug update. You know that there's a 21.1? And several AI issues have been fixed in it, including the Ceptopod "beelining to you".

The executor does use its mega laser, and the helirotor does use its ray burst. You need to be enough of a nuisance to make them resort to them. In other words, survive long enough, which you're apparently bad at lol.

The helirotor dying easily... What are you shooting it with? If you're shooting its lower rotor with a high caliber cannon, you're jamming it, which is a weakness. Shooting anywhere else will take more hits to kill it.

And enemies attacking your pod is not a bug. Aberrants hate anything that's Agrian. And when it comes to other enemies, like the Akbar. How are they supposed to know if it's empty or not? And since it's a robot itself which can shoot up enemies.

3. TimberWolf224

TimberWolf224 Veteran Member

Well, I have been fine with Z19, so I haven't really had any motivation to update.

*Faking being offended* I am IMMORTAL, I cannot die! How dare you insult me like this! (Really, I thought it was obvious that I use Magiichan's immortal vehicles mod...) I usually try to not shoot the helirotor/executor, since I would rather not make them angry.

I'm not the one shooting it.

Ironic, since they are agrain Aberrants, after all... And it can automatically shoot enemies? I haven't seen it do that... (Probably because I'm always driving the thing (hehe), and I didn't know it had automation.)

I was only expressing my opinions and observations on a game I finally got around to updating, I didn't intend to make myself look like a fool. As for why I didn't know this stuff? I haven't watched the update videos since update 16.

EDIT: Ok, I'm mistaken. I am indeed using update 21.1. Time to fix the thread.

EDIT 2: Thread has been fixed.

EDIT 3: I've played around with the automated mode of the ceptopod, and I have to say: its fantastic, damn good job Syrsa. Seems to have been a misunderstanding on my part, works great now that I figured it out. (Also, A mod that I am working on was messing with several AIs, so when I disabled that, it fixed a few problems. Bothunter and Executor still run into things though.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016