1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Game Suggestion The devil is in the details...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anris, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Anris

Anris Member

As the title says, details are important, so in order to give them proper attention I've made this thread in which I'll bring small suggestions regarding smaller aspects of the game.
    Thread will probably get updated as I think of new worth mentioning things.

For the sake of order the suggestions will be structured in categories.

Maps:

-a mini map, nuff said. From I've seen at least three quarters the games have a mini map of some sort. It simply helps to have a map.
    I know this game is all about exploring and a mini map may drain that experience, but many exploration games still do rely on a mini map so you can have an idea about where the hell you're going.
    Icons representing different things on said mini map are a bonus but they aren't necessary, and being able to toggle it on/off in the game interface whenever needed is always a welcomed option.
    This would also solve the problem of going out of map boundaries by letting us know where the boundaries actually are.

-Dark keygan (or whatever is called):

Should be darker. Right now its not dark but dim, like being inside a sandstorm. Why is this a problem? It takes away the joy of making first contact with the spooky locals of course!
    People don't fear darkness itself but what may hide in that darkness, it makes them paranoid and uncertain, brings their nightmares to the realm of possibility.

And the creatures of dark keygan are scary, both in aspect and the sounds they make.
    I for one dread the sounds of the walking root monsters and how they ecco in the distance, was startled the first time I heard them.
    Was, until I stopped to look around and saw them clear in the distance, the scare factor decreased because the paranoia disappeared. I knew where they were, I could see them clearly.
    Now the situation would have been a lot more different if there were little ambiental light and I only had my flashlight to rely on.
    EGOFivb.jpg

See what I'm talking about? Of course it doesn't have to be a pitch blackness, a murky fog would do.

Just something that could prevent you from seeing far.

-Anod, why would you put the gap in the spiral ramp at the military outpost is beyond me, all it will ever do is trap the unaware player before they even roll out of the base.

[​IMG]

Moving onward to vehicles:

-the information tool tips are useful for knowing the lore, but lackluster in game play useful information.
    You know whats better than knowing the manufacturer of a vehicle? Knowing how fast that vehicle can go. Or how fast an impact must be to break that vehicle.
    Tidbits of info like these can complement lore info cards quite well.

-aiming...oh boy...from what I've seen, the bouncier a vehicle is the harder it is to aim. Vehicles with non-fixed weaponry are notorious for me to fire. Where I'm zooming (which is an odd and not as easy as you'd expect a task in itself) and where the gun is actually pointing is as different as night and day.
    Its like the gun has no stabilizers whatsoever and the vehicle has to slow down to a crawl for consistent aiming.
    Also whats the point of having to worry about two aiming circles? Every time I'm zooming (with a periscope I'm assuming) I always have to make sure the weapon catches up before firing.
    I feel like a tank spotter, on a tank where the gunner is slow to respond to my indications. Its kinda meh, doable and learn-able but meh nonetheless.
    <-This is no longer valid at the time I'm modifying this thread, 14-Feb-2016.
    Vehicles now have only one reticle, making aiming a far better experience.

-health bars, its always useful to know how much damage you can take, always. Especially when you're cruising in a slow vehicle and can't get out of doge easily.

Additionally, a better explanation of the damage system is required: does it matter where you shoot and what you hit?

And since we're at vehicles, time to point some fingers:

-The CORBU CT3 is an odd ball, being able to do 360s on the spot despite being a massive 8 wheeled vehicle? Hmmmm.
    <-This is no longer valid at the time I'm modifying this thread, 14-Feb-2016 as all vehicles can do that and it's intended.

-The IMPEL LAV is described as being a fast skirmisher but its atrocious at performing its purpose because most turns above 30 Kmh will flip it like a double decker bus.
    <-This is no longer valid at the time I'm modifying this thread, 14-Feb-2016.

-The FECUNDA ARC7 suffers from the same problem as the IMPEL, albeit at a lower degree.<-From what I can tell that vehicle is gone?

-The EMB Skyfletcher ZP F-20 has a natural tendency of nosediving on its own. It makes consistent flying a real bitch.

- The Skyfletcher Class 5 seems to do that too, am I missing something?

-controllable maximum speed in vehicles. Right now, if you don't want to go with max speed but prefer a slower cruising speed you have to constantly tap the acceleration button which is annoying.
    I believe something like a slider bar that would allow us to set our own maximum speed from 0 to that of the vehicle would be good.

Kinda like a radio.

download.jpg

Atmosphere:

-you have so much music on your youtube channel, but don't use it...why? All you hear in the game is dead silence, engine noise and the occasional kaboom. Boooring.

-Scaling, going to put this here since it's related. I could help but notice how the scaling of some models was off, borderline ridiculous even.

For example:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All these vehicles have something in common, the look too small compared to the avatar, implying that some fetal positioning type of contorting is required to fit in the cockpit.
    Or at least a hunched position.

But there are examples of scaling done right:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These vehicles look their part and don't make the avatar looks like some freak giant.

Also, scaling is well done when it comes to buildings, which means you are sorta aware of this.

Miscellaneous:

-optimization, others have said it and I will too. The game runs inexcusably bad for how modest it looks.
    The random crashes don't help either.

-a proper in game exit button. No more windowed crap.

-a reload button for vehicles with small magazines like the green scout plane. Better than shooting air to empty so it will reload.

Thats all that I can think of now, catch up to you later.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    B1G-CR1ME, Magiichan and Skeleton like this.
  2. Skeleton

Skeleton Veteran Member

u gib gud criticism and i aprove of this but dark keigan is prety dark thoe y'now? and music would breek some of duh imersion imo. also there is not many spoops in durk keigan!

dtb1987 likes this.
  3. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor
    Also its a swarm of critters that causes dark keigan to be well..... dark so i think partial darkness is to be expected

4. Anris

Anris Member

I know the lore of dark keygan.
    Hmmmm...I still think dark keigan should be dark, as in not letting you see more than a few feet in front of you.
    Perhaps by shrouding the map in a murky fog since the darkness isn't true darkness.

5. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor
    There are already like random clouds of that buzz around on the ground and pick shit up and make it fly around. I don't think Dark Keigan needs any more help being spooky

6. Anris

Anris Member

How dare you disagree with me?!! Off with your head! >:D

On a serious note, I thought about something else.

Will update the main topic.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Skeleton and dtb1987 like this.
  7. Anris

Anris Member

Soo, looks like the game has evolved a little since I've last played. Most of the new stuff is neat and some problems were fixed...
    But I see new issues forming. Time to update more throughly.