The future of SYRSA/Terrahypt

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by SYRSA, Feb 9, 2016.

1. SYRSA

SYRSA Administrator

• Admin
    I'm writing this to let people know about my current situation and future, and to ask some questions.

As some of you know. I have a form of autism (aspergers/adhd) which prevents me from having a normal job. Concentration issues, yada-yada you get the gist. I am evaluated by a proper psychiatrist, and I'm supported by a form of medical welfare that covers my basic needs of survival.

What does concern me, is when this welfare for my medical conditon ends, til september 2018. I'll have to re-evaluate myself with my doctor and mess around with alot of papers, which I bloody hate. Only to extend this measily welfare which doesn't even allow me to make any extra money from creative work. Because they'll cut the support unless I do some irritating physical/trip/verbal paperwork to register me as self-employed/company which will require me to do even more paperwork... I believe, from what I've read on their website (Försäkringskassan/Aktivitetsersättning).

So one of the questions I have regarding my future, is to know how I can establish a donation button for those who wants to support me regardless what I do. My Paypal account isn't being monitored by the Swedish government, luckily.

And currently. I do not know if I'll renew my welfare when Sept 2018 comes, and simply start creating stuff that I'll sell. Possibly games and whatnot. I will not monetize Zerahypt, of course. It's a personal project that I want to be outside the proot proot abdullahfmi.

Currently I do not know how to sell anything if I were to. I don't have steam/greenlight (won't get it, long story), and I don't know much about patreon/kickstarter either. So I would like to hear what you guys think.

BenniM likes this.
  2. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Ignition

• Donor
    I will throw my money like on a hooker parade.

Quick breakdown:

Kickstarter - you have a project in mind? Dish out some concepts/previews on the site. If people'll like it, the money will flow - crowd will fund the full release of the product, be it a game or an IRL gizmo. Most of things that start off there end up rather successful, from what I know. Eye candy is king over there.

Patreon - literally the worst piece of garbage of a site where people beg for a buck and then roll out shifty art/music/digital whatnot. It is quite overcrowded at the moment, and you might attract unwanted 'patrons', the "I fucking own Zuragilis 'cause I gave enough cash" type. A website with the 'monthly pay' support program. You traditionally offer goods to those who give you X$ a month (personal requests, scrapped stuff, sketches etc). Works best if you're already fairly famous. Though, using that, on some occasions, might just lower your reputation.

Paypal all the way when it comes to donatin', if you ask me.

Aye, funk the 500$ Greenlight fee.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  3. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor
    I'd run with the selling games idea, you can even use unity to make android games so you can expand your market, and i mean there are other ways to sell games other than steam (like selling them here) you just wont reach as many people

4. Demimoz Keroz

Demimoz Keroz Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I'll start saving. Who needs food when the oh mighty cricket god throws us stuff to buy!

5. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Mod
    You could try selling some of your music (old or new) on itunes or google play or whatever. Thats how the instrumental core began to take off.

Idk how all that works tho.

dtb1987 likes this.
  6. Enzyme-Sigma

Enzyme-Sigma Warlord Member

• Donor
    If you go the games route there are some things that you can use to expand your reach.

GOG.com - A game distributer that focuses on DRM-free content, somewhat similar to steam but not really
    I don't know the exact specifics for getting your product on their catalog but I do know that the first thing you
    do is just fill out a simple survey about your product and they review it to see if your legit or not. After that I don't
    know.

GameJolt - A game distributer that focuses on in-development and free indie games
    This one isn't really for your final product but if you have a working prototype of your game up
    and running you can stick it in here and gain some extra support.

Besides Patreon and Kickstarter there are other services that are similar like Indigogo and GoFundMe I know little of both but if you don't like the
    services of the latter then you could check those out.

ModDB - Another thing you could use to gain support

Well that's it for me, I hope this helps at least a little bit.

7. GSungazer

GSungazer Well-Known Member

You can make a subscription based comic based on Terrahypt/Zerahypt lore to have a good excuse for people to throw money at you, just a little idea for starters

B1G-CR1ME likes this.
  8. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    SYRSA won't make stories in Terrahypt.

9. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor

I didn't realize gog.com did homebrews

10. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
  11. Snow

Snow Member

• Donor
  12. TimberWolf224

TimberWolf224 Veteran Member

Well, I know part of what you are going through, I also have aspergers/adhd (diagnosed by a psychiatrist). As for how to make a bit of money, I think @FonkDerok is on to something. You make phenomenal music, and I think that people would buy it, since I see so many people asking for download links to your songs. Or maybe you could sell some of your art, or do commissions. What about some kind of zerahypt multiplayer server, accessible by paid subscription?

13. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Ignition

• Donor
    no.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Bucks likes this.
  14. Skeleton

Skeleton Veteran Member

i am 100% TRUTHFULLY PROVENLY gonna pay for entering multiplayer on a game. totally.

Bucks, dtb1987 and B1G-CR1ME like this.
  15. Heckspress

Heckspress Well-Known Member

make piri hats and sell them.
    store ur shit, mold it into peukins, and sell.

16. Cheecken

Cheecken Member

You could make some Money by creating items for specific games, like Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2. It is kinda hard to get your item accepted and sold though. I also noticed a Little trend happening in Unreal Tournament 4 and Planetoid Pioneers, that People can contribute in the development of the game. In the case of UT4, it is completely free and so is the Unreal Engine. If your creations (Maps, Hats, Skins etc.) are really good, they could be eventually sold through an ingame shop and you'll split Revenue with the devs.

Another Idea would be to make a living with your art and Music, with an own Website and such. But I guess it gets more complicated here, because if your work is NSFW you won't be able to get an Google adsense account.

17. Heckspress

Heckspress Well-Known Member

And also, SYRSA has been pretty adamant about not selling his music/games, because he wants them to stay a hobby.

18. Cheecken

Cheecken Member

Oh ok I didn't notice that, but selling his music would be a good idea. You can also implement a ''pay what you want'' thing where you can set your minimum price to 0 so people could get it for free, or pay as much as they see fit.

FonkDerok likes this.
  19. Ben Nichols

Ben Nichols Active Member

I would donate for sure!

DAFT_PUNK likes this.
  20. DAFT_PUNK

DAFT_PUNK Member

can I donate my blood ? cuz I don't have any
    money.