1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

The Wall of Unkown and Unwant {Original}

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussions' started by Enzyme-Sigma, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Enzyme-Sigma

Enzyme-Sigma Warlord Member

• Donor
  2. Avarus_Lux

Avarus_Lux Active Member

good read, the wall theme feels a bit overused (with the main guilty being attack on titan), but other than that, its a good start of something great :)

3. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    That's not exactly what I was thinking about when I made the wall, but it does make since in a way.

4. Avarus_Lux

Avarus_Lux Active Member

its more of a general thing going on right now that a lot of stories these days use walls due to popular animes and such.

walled in, confined, safe and sound, but is it really that safe and sound? is what you've been told actually true? what if its all a lie, is there more beyond these barriers? is it designed to keep us in, or something else out?
    in this piece of text there's lots of options philosophical wise XD

5. Scubb

Scubb New Member

Well I like it. A dystopian society, nice at first glance but when you actually think about it, which no one does because of ignorance, you quickly realize how horrid of a system it is. It's just like the world today :D (The only difference is that there are big walls in your story, and... And big guns... Actually it is EXACTLY like the world today... I take that back...)

6. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    I never actually went into this, but the society that exist inside the wall is pretty sound and stable.

7. Avarus_Lux

Avarus_Lux Active Member

it
    it's a nice story and i'll keep it at that then.

originally there doesnt have to be anything behind it as it seems with your story, but with things like this in general, people tend to seek a meaning even if there isn't any, and your setup lends itself very nice for it.

a good example of this is southpark's episode: "the tale of Scrotie Mcboogeballs", sounds stupid, but the kids there write a story for fun, and even though it means nothing, people create all sorts of crap around it.

8. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    It's not that there isn't a meaning, I wrote this with a specific meaning in mind but that's just my own interpretation as to what I wrote, you can have your own opinion as to what it means. My word isn't law.

and I did watch that episode.

Avarus_Lux likes this.
  9. Scubb

Scubb New Member

Well to be fair our world seems to be quite stable, but your passage made it sound like things were being hidden from the public, like they are being fed lies of the outside world... Like our world.

10. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    In my view, They are but no one is doing it deliberately. Rather, everyone just has the same judgement of the outside because no one found out the truth. Again, I never said this so you have every right to stay with your previous theory.

11. Scubb

Scubb New Member

Well, now I understand.