TimberWolf224's application

Discussion in 'Forum Moderator Applications' started by TimberWolf224, Dec 24, 2015.

1. TimberWolf224

TimberWolf224 Veteran Member

General Questions
    Name:

>TimberWolf224 Is my username. You can call me Timber if you want to.

>as of posting, 15.

Please mention anything you have already done for the Zerahypt forums and anything you plan and will do as a forum moderator:

>ummmm.... I keep to myself, so I havnt done much. As a moderator, I will do whatever is requested of me by my superiors. I also will manage spam, stop fights if needed, and anything else I have to do.

How much time are you willing to commit to moderating the forums?:

>as much as I have to, up to 6 hours daily.

Explain in detail what you think the forum rules are and who they apply to?
    >
    As I interpret them;
    • treat others as you wish to be treated (basically, BE NICE. That one applies regardless of if it's listed or not.)
    • Respect the staff / your superiors
    • keep things calm, use normal size font, dont use extreme colors, and dont use a massive signature
    • please dont fight, and dont needlessly repeat something that has already been said
    • THOU SHALT NOT SPAM!!
    • Put your stuff in the right place. I dont want to go to the changelogs thread and find suggestions about how you would go about setting dark kiegan on fire, or how to shoot down a zerzek.
    • don't advertise yourself outside your one thread in the introductions forum.
    • if it's not related to the topic of any forum, post it in the off topic forum, but don't make more threads than necessary.

Do you have any experience in moderating any forums? If yes, where?

>Steam. I have moderated 6 groups so far, all but 2 have been disbanded due to spambots. One of those 2 remaining groups is mine. The groups all had many moderators, but there were more than 100 spambots (no, really) in each of the three. That was way more than even my anti-spam bot could handle, so we closed them down and started over.

Contact Info (Skype preferably):

>I already have Magii added on skype. We might have to work out a schedule due to time zone differences.

Hypothetical Questions

1. A member is complaining about something on the Shoutbox. What would you do?

>Investigate the complaint, and report problems to the admins. If the member is complaining about another user, ask the first user to please stop complaining. If the user persists, investigate to see if there is bullying or something going on.

2. A member is trolling on the forums. Doesn't stop after several warnings. What would you do?

>I would temporarily ban them from the forum for a week, or however long is required.

3. You have recently banned someone for breaking too many rules. A super moderator unbans them for an unknown reason to you. What would you do?

>Politely ask the supermod why they unbanned them, and respect the supermod's authority. If the reason is unreasonable, (ie, "he's my friend"), mention it to their superior.

4. A member has been banned recently by yourself or another forum moderator, but keeps on making accounts to spam the Shoutbox with even after you ban 3 or 4 accounts. What do you do?

>Talk to the Admins about banning the user's IP address

5. Two users on the shoutbox are arguing over something and both try to get you on there side. What do you do and how do you settle the fight so it won't spark back up in the future?

>(I will first say that there is not much you can get me on a side about. I am a neutral person, and I won't easily get sucked into the fight.) I would ask them to explain what they are fighting about, and then tell them to stop fighting. I would then attempt to remedy the situation in a non aggressive way, and help everyone involved to calm down. If they continue, warn them that if they don't stop, there will be consequences.

2. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Ignition

• Donor
    and the first thing on your to-do list would be banning me, amirite.

Though, you proved your 'not-getting-sucked-into-the-fight' skills very well back over at the multiplayer thread.

(FFS, a 15 y/o sysadmin? That's what you sold yourself for, if I remember correctly)

Getting to the subject, "he's my friend" is NOT a proper reason to, let's say, let a troll do continue doing their bidding.

Get your morales straight first.

3. B1G-CR1ME

B1G-CR1ME Ignition

• Donor
    Piss off, lady. If you can't stand criticism, how will you react when you'll get rejected?

Oy, none of my business, you say? If you hadn't noticed, we have a fair amount of active mods to deal with all the content, so quality control is kind of everyone's business here. Yet nobody attends to it for some reason... I'm just pointing out the mistakes made (especially in the introduction) for a better picture of what wants to get the mod's hand.

N' somebody's failing miserably!

[EDIT] Oy, look who's got to readin'!

FYI, you can't ban me for no reason without dooming yourself.

If you can't take the sarcasm? Ain't my problem, either! Everyone else is kinda okay with that.

I don't have a problem with you 'being' sysadmin at 15, I just find it hard to believe.

Just because I'm Russian... you, brat, goofed up here. If you'd actually pay attention to what I said in my first post there, you'd see that I'm not lecturing you about your overall morale. What I meant before and what I am saying now is fairly simple: you'll be a bad mod if you'll follow these rules of your own.

If you take criticism as trolling, you're... wrong, to say the least.

Then again, why do you think you'll be accepted if you haven't done a thing for the community?

Um. I'm done.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Veteran Member

I think B1G just needs to calm down about the whole mess over there xP

5. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Mod
    lets see if it works like this...

@TimberWolf224 @B1G-CR1ME

If you're going to argue over this, please find another place to do it

EDIT: yep member links work like that

Magiichan and dtb1987 like this.
  6. TimberWolf224

B1G really dislikes me. I think they are calm, but they have something against me. Don't know why though. I didn't mean to insult them, I just have this habit of fighting back when someone insults (or verbally attacks) me. I wish I could read minds just so I can tell why people bully and harass me so freaking much. I don't hate anyone on this forum, TBH, but I don't care for bullies.

Also, why don't I delete this thread? Its obvious that magii doesn't want me as a moderator. Well, I suppose I will be hanging around one of my threads if you need me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  7. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Mod
    well my application was up for 3 months before I got any feedback, so you never know

8. TimberWolf224

Touche.

Just felt like saying that.

9. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor
    I
    wouldn't worry about it atm, the forum isn't very busy so i think when things pick magi will actually pay more attention to these

10. TimberWolf224

Alrighty then, I will stop worrying.