1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Game Suggestion towns and cities

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by smiling fishfood, Jun 20, 2015.

1. smiling fishfood

smiling fishfood New Member

I get that this is a futuristic universe simulation (fus) and that it is meant to parallel our own reality, so it would only seem natural to add populated towns and cities. I don't see any signs of civilization aside from vehicles and lone bulidings, and of course scarce NPC's.

2. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Have you found the npc you can talk to yet?

3. Enzyme-Sigma

Enzyme-Sigma Warlord Member

• Donor
    What the hell? It's a a FICTIONAL Universe Simulator, and is not supposed to be "parallel" to our reality. He's going to be adding cities and towns later, those kinds of things are kinda hard to do when your one guy with a toaster.

Magiichan and Xentia like this.
  4. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Preach it Sig

5. smiling fishfood

no but I've heard of it.

6. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    Yes, fill my hole up with the SYRSA spirit!

7. smiling fishfood

do you know what a parallel is? do you know what zerahypt is supposed to be? because if so then you'd know that zerahypt is supposed to be like real life but in space, SYRSA even said so. But I have to give you the one guy with a toaster thing.

8. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    lel, what a scrub. First of all you put no context into "parallel". That could mean any number of different things, "Terrahypt lore exists at the same time as our reality.", and how is Terrahypt supposed to be "like real life but in space"? That makes no sense! I won't believe that line of bullshit until I hear SYRSA tell me it personally.

9. Enzyme-Sigma

• Donor
    Also thank you for my toaster point.

10. Tychusfindlay919

Tychusfindlay919 Active Member

SYRSA said that in the terrahypt universe, Earth is on the year 2015 and Obama is president etc. etc.

So yes, It exists exactly in the same time as our reality. HOWEVER. Pirizuka and friends are probably NOWHERE near our solar system and as such, the fact that everything takes place in 2015 is meaningless to the humans in that universe who live on Earth.

11. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

I don't see how the fact that the events of Zerahypt are happening parallel to modern day Earth is related to whether or not there should be cities. It could very well be that the only areas available so far are remote and away from cities and towns, it's not like those sorts of places don't exist on Earth. Just keep in mind that, as Σ said, there's only one person working on the game, so if any cities are going to become available that's going to take a shit ton of work.
    Another scenario could be that, having been through a planet-shattering disaster, Terrahypt has lost alot of its population (could very well not be the case, but its possible at least)

12. Corona688

Corona688 Well-Known Member

This is a free game made by one guy, so mostly about whatever he wants it to be about. So far, exploration in lots of varyingly weird vehicles and some mild puzzles.

13. Tychusfindlay919

Some people like to make models rights? Is there a way for people to send their models to him so that he can just load them up and make towns accordingly? Syrsa already has multiple building models of his own anyways (that are already in the game. The majority of a given town would only be generic housing anyways).

I'm not familiar with unity so I'm just speaking out of my ass XD I'm just wondering here.

14. Tychusfindlay919

Yeah the game obviously isn't anywhere near completion. But of course, with each new update, he chips away at some of the boring aspects of the game. And when he does chip away at them, he's DAMN good at chipping away.

15. Corona688

Corona688 Well-Known Member

When he wants people's models, I'm sure he'll ask. He hasn't been shy of asking his fan base for other things (like this forum). At the moment this is completely his brainwave, and I bet that won't change; it's completely about his imaginary world.

16. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Puzzles? Where?

17. Tychusfindlay919

All I really suggested was that he be given structure models. Whether he wants to use them or not had nothing to do with what I was suggesting. Of course it's his game and he does with it what he wants.

Another part of my question was whether or not that was even possible (since I'm not familiar with unity or really any other program).

18. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor
    He has already turned down that kind of help, but you could ask him if he needs help with code and he might except. It's his world and he knows what he wants it to look like so that most likely why he wont take help with modeling (which i totally get), hang in there he will make more stuff and people for us to interact with :)

19. Colin Hamilton

Colin Hamilton Active Member

but the MevNav are humans, that's why they mainly use drones and all of their manned units are vacuum sealed. i pretty sure that at the time period that this lore is in the human race would at least be a minor spacefaring race.

20. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Admin
    well that raises the question: did humans make it to terrahypt or did terrahyptians pick up some humans?

Magiichan likes this.