1. Before you ask anything, make sure that you've read the FAQ

Game Suggestion Vehicle operation and handling

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Totally Lemon, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totally Lemon

Totally Lemon Member

This is basically going to be a list of suggestions to improve what the title says:
    • Ground vehicles need brakes (spacebar anyone?). This will stop all the sliding around crap and it will make vehicles easier to control.
    • Hover craft need the ability to air-brake, or essentially become aerostatic (the ability to stop and stabilize).
      • The Slavoico Bejsirf ImG-50 is especially difficult to stop. I realize that part of the game's difficulty is the control of vehicles, but the inability to reverse thrust just shows us the alien races in this game are engineeringly daft.
    • There needs to be some way to strap down cargo and vehicles to the Rodwick F800 cargo sled.
      • The Garret M-110 mining rig often slips off the sandcruiser and into the sand rendering it immobile. Plus all those mineral chunks flop all over the place more than Pirizuka's bosom.
    • There needs to be some method of repairing/recovering vehicles. Such an implementation may very well be in the works, but I just wanted to put it out there.
    • Another cool feature would be the ability to drive/pilot vehicles in first person.
      • It's especially difficult to get a sense of air/spacecraft orientation from a 3rd person view. Although players can become accustomed to it... what the heck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I use the words need and needs liberally. If the vehicle handling in this game is supposed to be more topsy-turvy than a flaccid noodle, so be it (ಠ_ಠ). Of course, playability is always a consideration.

Magiichan likes this.
  2. LockRay

LockRay Veteran Member

I dunno... I actually find it fun to try to get used to steering all the different vehicles. Though first person sounds like it would be both more fun and immersive...

MagicDishWasher likes this.
  3. BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy Well-Known Member

• Coder
    Some of the ground vehicles (all of the wheeled ones, I believe) have spacebar as brake.

4. Catblaster

Catblaster Veteran Member

I do recall this being a thing, too lazy to try out now but definitely some if not all wheeled vehicles can brake with space.

I recall there being a brake before syrsa updated the physics of the hovers, it might come back soon.

from what I've gotten as an answer, not any time soon.

You need not worry 'bout that.

The other ideas are pretty neat, and as far as I'm aware, might be introduced in the 'game' in the near or distant future
    Disclaimer: do not take my word on anything

Totally Lemon likes this.
  5. Corona688

Corona688 Well-Known Member

Many vehicles and some of the hover ones have parking brakes with P, including some which don't list that as a key.

6. Xentia

Xentia Well-Known Member

Once in a stream with syrsa i made a query as to first person view models for vehicles and he said he doesnt plan on doing it because if he did he would need to do it to all of them and not just one because he like symmetry or something like that

7. Dr. Tesla

Dr. Tesla New Member

hi guys, i am new to the game, i just started yesterday, and i have a question about vehicle operation: How do you actually reload a vehicle? In the tutorial it says you just have to press "o" carrying the ammunition when you see the reload-symbol in your HUD, but i never managed to actually reload, it just drops the ammunition without any other effect...

8. Totally Lemon

Totally Lemon Member

Thank you cool people for replying!

Yea, most wheeled vehicles have brakes. Although, both tanks and the miner do not have brakes.

9. Tychusfindlay919

Tychusfindlay919 Active Member

I tried reloading ammunition into the vintage tank near the mine (54mm shells) and it doesn't work...

I think reloading needs to be:

#1 grab mmunition

#2 go to reload spot

#3 press E (instead of dropping it)

Totally Lemon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.