Well.... Might as well try.

Discussion in 'Forum Moderator Applications' started by EpicTacoGenius, Jun 27, 2016.

1. EpicTacoGenius

EpicTacoGenius Member

General Questions
    Name:
    >
    Nathan, Nate, EpicTG, ETG, etc.

Please mention anything you have already done for the Zerahypt forums and anything you plan and will do as a forum moderator.:
    >
    I haven't done anything for the forums other than post threads, and I plan to keep an eye on things and make sure nothing goes south. I would answer try to answer questions to the best of my ability.

How much time are you willing to commit to moderating the forums?:
    >
    I will check frequently throughout the summer (at least once a day). During school I will be more absent because of school work.

Explain in detail what you think the forum rules are and who they apply to?
    >
    Unofficially speaking...

Respect your peers. If they are on the forum, they deserve respect.

Don't spam. I'm pretty sure every forum has this rule, but it said to explain in detail.

Stay on topic, unless you are in the off-topic category of threads, nobody wants to hear your verbal diarrhea.

As for who the rules apply to, that would be everyone, except almighty SYRSA.

Do you have any experience in moderating any forums? If yes, where?
    >Nope

Contact Info (Skype preferably):
    >
    email: natmar1211@gmail.com

Hypothetical Questions

1. A member is complaining about something on the Shoutbox. What would you do?
    >
    Try to help the person the best I can. If the it's still an issue I would tell them to contact SYRSA, you, Lockray, or anybody else who has a solution.

2. A member is trolling on the forums. Doesn't stop after several warnings. What would you do?
    >
    Temporary ban, and if it happens again after the ban expires, the ban hammer will strike.

3. You have recently banned someone for breaking too many rules. A super moderator unbans them for an unknown reason to you. What would you do?
    >
    Id ask the super moderator why they unbanned the person, but I would respect their decision.

4. A member has been banned recently by yourself or another forum moderator, but keeps on making accounts to spam the Shoutbox with even after you ban 3 or 4 accounts. What do you do?
    >
    I don't think that a normal moderator can IP ban, so I would request an IP ban from a super moderator.

5. Two users on the shoutbox are arguing over something and both try to get you on there side. What do you do and how do you settle the fight so it won't spark back up in the future?
    >
    I wouldn't join either side, and i would tell them to discuss it thru private messaging or something. I would solve the issue the best that I could without choosing a side.

Magiichan likes this.
  2. FonkDerok

FonkDerok Insane Furfag in a Position of Power

• Admin
    yea we might could use an extra piece of law enforcement (not that we really need it, but just in case). Mag and Syrs do fairly well i guess, but idk what Azai does and I'm just here in case of another robot uprising.
    Lockray's pretty much dead.

Magiichan and dtb1987 like this.
  3. dtb1987

dtb1987 Aon chomhalta ar eolas go maith

• Donor
    R.I.P Lockray

4. Skeleton

Skeleton Veteran Member

azai is my new brand new bff

also, dtb1987 would be quite the excellent addition to the crew of moderators, as he has been in here since the dawn of this forum, and has shown quite a large ammount of charisma

dtb1987 likes this.
  5. EpicTacoGenius

EpicTacoGenius Member

Welp, I don't really know if the silence is a no, or if @Magiichan forgot....

Magiichan likes this.